When to go to Bali?
Bali’s climate is tropical. Bali weather in May, June, July, August, September and October during the dry season which extends from April to October.
December, January and February as this is the rainy season, but the Bali weather is still very warm.
First of all, before leaving, you have to know when to go to Bali! The idea is not only to detail the climate of Bali month by month but rather to explain to you what are the best times to go there.
The island is located near the equator, in the heart of Indonesia and next to Java. So the climate of Bali is a tropical climate. This means that the temperatures are always very hot throughout the year (with an average temperature of 27°C (80°F), and that there are periods of heavy rain.
Bali weather with two seasons climate
Bali has a tropical type climate with two seasons, the rainy season and the dry season. The ideal time to visit Bali runs from May to October, corresponding to the dry season with an average temperature of around 26 °C (78.8 °F), ideal temperature to enjoy the beaches and discover the temples and archaeological sites.
Located near the Equator, Bali is subject to a hot and humid climate all year round with two distinct seasons.
Rainy and dry season
– The hot season or rainy season which goes from December to March. During this season, the month of January is the rainiest.
– The cool season or dry season goes from May to October with July being the driest and coolest month. Note that during this season it can also rain, but the rains are short-lived and usually occur in the late afternoon.
In terms of temperatures, even if we talk about hot season and cool season, temperatures are very constant throughout the year. They vary between 23° and 32°C (73.4 °C to 89.6 °F), so ideal for discovering the country and enjoying the sumptuous beaches around Seminyak and Nusa Dua.
Note that in the central mountains, the temperatures are a little cooler, ranging from 20°C to 25°C (68 °F to 77 °F), great for nature lovers and hikers ready to attack the Gunung Agung volcano. In Bali, a little advice, it is better to get up early to fully enjoy the day, because the sun rises around 6 a.m. and sets abruptly around 6 p.m. and this throughout the year.
Bali weather by month in Celcius and Fahrenheit
|Month||Min (°C)||Max (°C)||Averge (°C)|
We recommend the months of May to October for your trip to Bali. If you can, avoid the months of July and August to avoid more tourists and benefit from cheaper hotel rates. But if you can’t it’s ok too!
Bali weather in Fahrenheit
|Month||Min (°F)||Max (°F)||Averge (°F)|
Swimming in Bali, Sea temperature
To swim in Bali, no questions to ask: the water is warm all year round, between 27°C and 29°C (80.6 °F to 84.2 °F).
|Month||Celsius (°C)||Fahrenheit (°F)|
Arrival at Bali airport
You know when to go to Bali, but do you know where you will land? If this is your first time traveling to Bali, be aware that the airport is not located in the city of Denpasar. Many peopole confused for the sirst time, that’s why we mention it. The airport is actually called Ngurah Rai and is located on the south west coast of the island (south of Kuta).
When you leave the airport DPS
When you leave the airport, you will be surprised to see dozens of Balinese jumping on you to offer you a taxi! Don’t be offended and just say no with a smile, they will understand and go see another tourist! It’s quite boring! when you have to negotiate for several minutes because we know (WE KNOW) that we are being scammed from the start and that they triple their prices! Then we have two solutions for you:
- Now that you know when to go to Bali, when you book your accommodation before you leave, ask the host to arrange a driver for you who will wait directly at the airport. Often they ask you for your number to communicate via WhatsApp for your arrival time. You will have wifi at the airport so you can find your driver right away and won’t have to deal with the cacophony of other taxi drivers!
- If you have not booked a driver, try to negotiate your taxi for IDR 250,000 maximum when you stay around Kuta or Seminyak.
- Read this article: Bali Airport PickUp, Drop-Off Service, Excursion, Travel and Transportation Services at Villa Carissa
- And also read this article: DPS (Bali Airport) | Important and Practical Tips to Improve your Experience at Ngurah Rai Airport
We have a feeling that you are ready to go there! It’s not that complicated to get organized and know when to go to Bali!
Photo description: Kelingking Beach (Nusa Penida)
Have you booked your private villa in Seminyak center?
Located in Seminyak Center – Bali, Villa Carissa offers a private swimming pool and enclosed garden to guarantee your privacy. You can book your private pool villa here with us.
Whether you’re traveling with family, friends, or on a romantic getaway, villa Carissa in Seminyak center offers the perfect base for exploring Bali’s many attractions and enjoying a relaxing vacation.